ActiveGuard Mattress Liner
Bed bugs can hide and evade even top pest control experts’ best efforts. Management programs usually require several visits and all it takes is one newly introduced pregnant female bed bug or several missed eggs to restart the infestation cycle. In situations with regular turnover, rooms are constantly challenged with new bed bug introductions; these pests are notorious hitchhikers! And once an infestation establishes, these bugs are incredibly difficult to eradicate! That’s why ActiveGuard™ is such a powerful tool.
· The only standalone proactive preventative tool in the nation developed and proven to kill both bed bugs and dust mites on a 24 hour basis for up to 2 years. ActiveGuard™ technology will actually kill newly introduced bedbugs continuously, and significantly reduce the frequency of bed bug incidents preventing against infestation while protecting your bedding assets.
· EPA registered and FDA Class 1 510 (k) medical device, ActiveGuard reduces mattress dust mites and their allergens on a daily basis affording guests a hypoallergenic bedding environment
· ActiveGuard uses permethrin to kill both dust mites and bed bugs. The US military has used permethrin impregnated clothing for hundreds of thousands of troops for over 30 years. Permethrin is also used in outdoor clothing from LL Bean and many others.
· ActiveGuard mattress liners have been used in Europe and Asia for over 10 years. More than 100,000 have been sold.
· Patented technology that has been extensively researched with published data from both the lab and field
· Published data from hotel use evidences a dramatic reduction in frequency of bed bug incidents once installed
· Impact of ActiveGuard in hotels is enormous; reduces treatment costs yielding increased profits, increases client confidence, increases staff confidence, improves public reputation and limits liability and advisory postings (i.e. Bed Bug Registry)
· Fire retardant
· Fitted sheet style goes on easily. One person installation, ‘Set it and Forget it’; ActiveGuard Mattress Liners require no maintenance
· Effectiveness is not impacted by ripping and tearing, ActiveGuard continues to work non-stop. Damaged encasements need to be discarded, making box springs a perfect launching point for adding the protection of this technology to mattresses already encased. For difficult cases and the best preventative configuration, install ActiveGuard Mattress Liners on both mattress and box spring.
· Just 4 sizes (King, Queen, Full/Double, Single/Twin) that fit extra length and deeply sized mattresses and box springs.
· Breathable, soft and comfortable, undetectable by guest
- Bed Bug Monitors
- Mattress Protectors
Bed bugs are on the rise all over the world, having increased 500 percent over the last three years in the U.S. alone. Pest control professionals report infestations in hotels, multi-family housing, apartments, and hospitals. Although mostly eradicated in the U.S. around World War II, the current resurgence is attributed to an increase in international travel and immigration combined with less frequent use of strong pest-killing products.
They hitch rides on luggage, backpacks, shoes, or any other mobile material. One may find them hiding in small cracks and crevices in human environments including along mattress seams, within box springs, bedsheets, nightstands, headboards, upholstered furniture, lamps, picture frames and luggage.
Bed bugs quickly move from one bed to another and prove especially difficult to control in hotels, apartments, dorms, or other buildings with a large number of beds. Bed bugs do not transmit diseases, but their bites can become red, itchy welts.
Our SofCover fabric received a "B" Classification to meet the American Standard ULV-O Burn Test requirements, which resists smoldering cigarettes. Our SofCover material was tested to CFR Title Part 1632 (FF4-72) Standard for the Flammability of Mattress and Mattress Pads – Ticking Substitution Procedure Part 1632.6. This federal mattress flammability standard requires that all mattress pads be cigarette-ignition resistant, effectively extinguishing three burning cigarettes before they burn the length of one inch.
Our KleenCover fabric received a "C" Classification.
Yes. Please see below. Also, please be aware that the incidence of any skin irritation is extremely rare. All reported incidences of irritation from permethrin over the past 30 years must be included in the reporting and required disclosure in the MSDS, regardless of the product. ActiveGuard has been in use in Europe and Asia for the past 10 years and there are more than 100,000 liners in use.
Permethrin has been in use in military uniforms and outdoor clothing for decades and is in direct contact with the skin.
The very few people that would be sensitive to permethrin would likely be sensitive to many other items like shampoos, conditioners, detergents and soaps.ActiveGuard MSDS 2013 GHS 4-26-13.pdf
Our Kleencover® and SofCover® materials in Superior, Ultimate styles have been independently tested by a board certified entymologist to offer reliable protection against both bed bug bite and escape. Our Boxspring Protectors also provide the necessary entrapment protection to keep bed bugs from getting in or out. Certification at this high a level required not only the right material, but also the patent pending zipper with "The Hook".
Testing was conducted with live bed bugs over a 4 week period to ensure effectiveness against not only bed bugs, but their unhatched eggs. To summarize, at the conclusion of the test period there were ZERO bed bug bites through the specially laminated material and ZERO bed bug escapes.
To view or print the complete test results please see "Documents."
The "Ultimate" offers 6-sided waterproof and bed bug "bite-proof" protection and is available in specific depths to match the depth of your mattress: 9", 12", 15" and 18". If your mattress does NOT have pillow-top construction, warranty maintenance instructions may require you to both rotate and flip your mattress routinely - this can be accomplished with the Ultimate Mattress Encasement while remaining in quarentine. The "Superior" fully encases your mattress and provides waterproof and bite-proof protection on the top and along the side panels. A stretch-knit fabric is used along the bottom of the side panels and across the underside of the mattress allowing for penetration-and-escape proof protection and stretches to fit mattresses up to 18" in depth. If your mattress has a pillow-top construction, warranty maintenance instructions may include rotating , but not flipping your mattress periodically thus allowing for the option of the Superior.
Whether you choose The "Ultimate" or The "Superior" mattress encasements, we recommend encasing your box spring with the Stretch Knit Box Spring encasement and your pillows with the Pillow Safe encasements for complete protection and peace of mind.
The speciment label is linked below. Note that the ActiveGuard is EPA registered for use with all ages and has no use restrictions.ActiveGuard Specimen Label Updated- 4-12.pdf
Please see the links below for some of the test reports and field studies done with ActiveGuard.
Ballard, J.B. Lab and Field Data
A New Option. PCT, 2008;36(10): 144,147-148
Ballard, J.B. ActiveGuard™ Mattress Liner Field Trial Results. PCT 2010; 38(3): 116
Ballard, J.B. The Installation of ActiveGuard™ Mattress Liners for the Prevention of Bed Bug (Cimex lectularius) Infestation in Hotel Rooms. PCT online, November 17, 2011
ActiveGuardTM Dustmite and Asthma Atopic Dermatitis Research
ActiveGuard, under the name 'Z-net', is approved by the FDA as a Class I 510 (k) medical device. Supportive clinical efficacy and safety data detailed within the published references below was germane to the issuance of marketing approval by the FDA. ActiveGuard Mattress Liners were invented by Philadelphian Sandra Shober and developed by a team of medical entomologists at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. The product was introduced in Europe in the late 1990's and over 100,000 have been sold in Europe, Asia and the United States to kill dust mites for up to two years and to kill bed bugs in mattresses and box springs.
Robertson, William H. and Bajomi, Dániel eds. Clinical Trial to Assess the Efficacy of House
Dust Mite (Acari: Astigmata) Control in Reducing Symptoms of Atopic Asthma. Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Urban Pests, 2008
Cameron, M. M.; Hill, N. Permethrin-impregnated mattress liners: a novel and effective intervention against house dust mites (Acari: Pyroglyphididae). Journal of Medical Entomology, 2002; 39(5):755-62 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12349859
Cameron, M. M. Prevention of Atopic Asthma. Positive Health, February 1998; 25
Cameron, M. M. Can house dust mite-triggered atopic dermatitis be alleviated using acaricides? British Journal of Dermatology, 1997;137(1):1-8
You can see the ActiveGuard Mattress Liner working on bed bugs at
You can see the ActiveGuard Mattress Liner being placed on a bed at
Our Superior and Ultimate mattress protectors save money, time and are effective. They.......
- Protect and Salvage Your Expensive Investment In Bedding. A minimal investment in our mattress encasements can prevent the loss in the heavy cost to replace this value.
- Address Early Detection of Infestation. By applying our mattress and box spring encasements before any signs of infestation, you will minimize the available areas to nest and lay eggs as well as provide the means for an easy detection of the presence of bed bugs.
- Prevent Initial Infestation In Mattress and Box Springs. At least 70% of bed bugs colonize the mattress and infrastructure of the box springs. If there is an infestation, our encasement eliminates the opportunity for bed bugs to find a home.
- Stop the Spreading of Bed Bugs. When trapped inside our encasement, bed bugs and hatchlings are subjected to starvation and prevented from escaping and spreading.